In terms of specific equipping, the following are the key growth areas; –
- Familiarity with the Bible, in terms of both its content and the historical contexts in which it was written
- An understanding of valid interpretation of the Biblical text – Hermeneutics
- Application of the ancient word to 21st Century life – homiletics
- Communication ability – both the practicalities of public speaking and ability to take God’s truth and explain it in the language of those listening.
- Mentored experience of speaking with constructive feedback
- A character reflecting the truths about which you speak, and a humble heart to respond yourself to what God is saying – becoming a working model of what you preach.
Some training resources: –