In terms of specific equipping, the following are the key growth areas; –
- Familiarity with what the Bible teaches about the human condition and how God brings transformation through the ongoing application of the work of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
- An understanding and appreciation of the role of medicine and psychiatry and psychology in the treatment and help of those evidencing a wide range of medical, psychological and emotional challenges.
- Listening skills, the ability to hear more accurately and deeply the needs and heart of those you are trying to minister to.
- Application of the Bible to the challenges of 21st Century life
- Mentored experience of providing pastoral care with constructive feedback
- Developing a character that radiates the love of God that motivates true pastoral care.
Some training resources: –