In terms of specific equipping, the following are the key growth areas; –
- Familiarity with what the Bible teaches about the human condition and how God brings transformation through the ongoing application of the work of Christ by the Holy Spirit.
- A working understanding of culture and sub-cultures relevant to the communities you are trying to reach.
- Application of the Bible to those cultures and mind-sets, exploring different relevant communication bridges for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be clearly understood.
- Knowledge of and experience in a range of social care ministries that can effectively address identified needs in the communities you are seeking to serve – includes research means and methodologies to be sure you understand your own community.
- Listening skills, the ability to hear more accurately and deeply the needs and heart of those you are trying to minister to.
- Mentored experience of providing pastoral care with constructive feedback
- Developing a character that radiates the love of God that motivates true community work, for love of the people not as targets for preaching.
Some training resources: –